Retaining walls are structures that define backyard spaces, plantings, or sloped areas. These stacked, interlocking bricks hold back soil and add a clean border. You can choose from a variety of materials to create the yard look you dream about, whether it be concrete blocks, rocks, boulders, poured concrete material, or wood.
Depending on the materials used and the soil, retaining walls will outlast most other home accents such as fencing. Many retaining walls can last up to 100 years.
While most of our clients in the Statesville, Hickory and Clemmons, NC areas know us as the go-to landscapers, we also specialize in retaining walls. Retaining walls can we installed to create outdoor living spaces and multi-use spaces. These interlocking blocks can be shaped into a variety of landscape looks.
It is hard to quote pricing over the phone for retaining walls, as there are many factors to consider. After coming out for a consultation, we will be able to provide you with an estimate. With an experienced team, Lambert's Lawn Care and Irrigation will be able to complete the job quickly and efficiently, leaving your property transformed.
1. Retaining walls do not need to be relegated to the edges of your yard - they can be a part of your indoor/outdoor lifestyle! While the main purpose of a retaining wall is to hold back soil, you can use them to accent outside entertaining, defining dining vs. conversation gathering areas
2. Get creative! Due to the "building block" nature of retaining walls, you can choose whatever shape you'd like to add some character to your backyard. If you prefer a contemporary look, the Lambert's Lawn Care and Irrigation team can build the walls in straight, solid lines. Want an organic, flowing look? We can do that, too! It all depends on the needs of the soil- and your yard's personality!
3. Size matters. If a retaining wall is less than 4' tall, there is more flexibility with the project. Over 4' requires structural considerations and permits.
4. A touch of terracing: if you have a large project, the retaining walls will need to gradually build in scale. If needed, stairs may also be incorporated into the design.
5. The experts at Lambert's Lawn Care and Irrigation will also consider often-forgotten factors such as drainage and how level the ground is. This will prevent issues down the road...